Saturday, July 10, 2010

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 -- LAUNCH


Today is the day Laura Baumbach (the always-on-the-go Alpha female, famous for having turned ManLoveRomance Press (MLR) into such a powerhouse of m/m publishing), launches her new m/f Passions in Print Press (PIPP) imprint, with me, back in my romance persona of Willa Lambert, having the major pleasure of being part of that initial three-book launch (just like I was part of the Harlequin SuperRomance imprint launch, back in September 1980, with my LOVE'S EMERALD FLAME by Willa Lambert; if my PIPP book proves even partially successful as that SuperRomance launch-book, which went best-seller in over fourteen foreign-language editions, you'll be able to color me extremely happy, indeed).

While my AFRICA: SPICE ISLAND LOVE, first of my contracted Seven-Continent series for the PIPP imprint is presently only available in e-Book format --

http://www.passioninprint.com/ShowBook.php?CR=WMSPICEISLAND

--don't be discourage if, like I am, you're not content until you have an actual physical copy of any book in hand, because the print version of this one will be made available to your, through all of the usual retail outlets (amazon.com, bn.com), via all the major distributors, within the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, if you're "into" m/f romances, and into m/f e-Books, as so many of you are, feel free to stop on by and buy a copy of my AFRICA: SPICE ISLAND LOVE to provide me with some royalties to keep me paying those enormous, and getting more enormous, heating bills that will soon arrive, once again, with the coming of winter.

For those of you unfamiliar with my Willa Lambert persona, let me acquaint you with its track record in m/f romance fiction genre, prefacing by saying that, under various other pseudonyms, I wrote some pretty hot-and-heavy m/f erotica, quite awhile back. It being the combination of that initial erotica, and my three mainstream romances for Carousel (LOVE'S COURAGE, HOUSE OF THE BRAVE BULLS, VANESSA IN WHITE MARBLE), written under my Anna Lambert bi-line, that brought me to the attention of George Glay, Senior Editor at Harlequin at the time, who was out to launch Harlequin's then-new SuperRomance imprint ... requiring all of its initial authors to have a history in published romances. In my particular case, George was, also, extremely interested in my expertise with erotica, in that the new Harlequin imprint was going to be marketed as "hotter" and "steamier", with "more complex plots" and "inclusion, even, of multi-subplots", in contrast to the milk-toast product Harlequin had been publishing up until that time.

Holed up for two weeks in a hotel room adjacent to the Harlequin headquarters in Toronto, I provided George and the publisher with the all-important SuperRomance #2 LOVE'S EMERALD FLAME, by -- tah-dah -- Willa Lambert (Harlequin books, after all, being advertised as "books for women by women"). Followed by my SuperRomance #23 FROM THIS BELOVED HOUR, and SuperRomance #59 LOVE'S GOLDEN SPELL.

Since then, I've published four romance genre: EMERALD-SILK INTRIGUE, JUNGLE-QUEST INTRIGUE, MOON-STONE INTRIGUE, HEART ON FIRE.

Most recently, as a kind of experiment, in which my AFRICA: SPICE ISLAND LOVE for PIPP plays a major role, I, also, published my DARE TO LOVE IN OZ, m/f adventure/romance, with Savant books, under William Maltese. While, for a long while, I had all of my books, no matter what the genre, issued under my own name, I've recently gone back to the belief that women readers still adhere to that old Harlequin mantra that books "about women" need be "written by women". I may be wrong in that assumption, but, whatever, I figure I'll now have actual sales figures to see if I am wrong -- or right.

For those of you m/f women readers who would like to prove me wrong in my cynicism that's back to thinking you're not willing to give a guy a chance in m/f chick fiction, you can pick up a copy of my William Maltese DARE TO LOVE IN OZ -- alas, presently only available in print format, at the moment, at --

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984117547

No comments: